Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I am so Behind!

There is a lot that I could blog about today, but mostly, I want to share the pictures from the completion of my most recent project.



It took me a couple of weeks to get the sanding all done. It started out as a dark brown dresser, but it was old and beat up. I sanded all of the finish off and replaced the side panels. Once everything was done and put back together, I stained it with a beautiful maple finish. After a few coats of laquer, that is the finished product. It is no sitting in Collins room, filled with clothes. It is my big accomplishment. I am pretty proud of it, if I can gloat for a minute.

Anyway, the project was a lot of fun and has led me into other endeavors. I am currently working on drawings and stuff for a new headboard. Actually, just a head board, since we have never had one. I am kind of excited about it. It is going to be one of those cushioned head boards and it will have a wood frame, probably stained in maple like Collin's Dresser. The measurements are all done, and I think I have figured out all of the designs and everything. My good friend Julie is going to make one form her house too, so we are going to work on it together. My only challenge now is choosing a material that will coordinate with my blue bed. We will see how material shopping goes. I guess we will see how it goes...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Just when I think you can no longer get MORE impressive than you all ready are... *sigh*
You are AMAZING!

Jaidi's Photo Gallery