Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hits and Misses

I was reading a friends blog, Ryan and Crystal Miller. I really like her post today. I haven't read all the past posts. But I really enjoyed reading about the hits and the misses...more so the hits! :) Thanks Crystal for giving me the idea!

I feel like I have a tendency to focus a little too much on the misses in life and not NEARLY enough time on the hits. Justin mentioned that I have seemed down lately, and it has really gotten me thinking about why I am down. Anyway, that aside, I wanted to change something in my life and I think right now the thing I should focus on is actually focusing more on the Hits in my life, and a little less on the misses, while still acknowledging them! Misses suck, but they do happen, and it is important to acknowledge them. But the Hits are so much better! So anyway, here is the start of my new weekly challenge!

This weeks Hits
1. Jaicie came home today to tell me her teacher wanted her to tell me she was reading on the third grade level! Holy Cow...the kids in kindergarten, where did that come from, really.
2. Along with that, Jaicie is up to chapter 5 in a simplified and condensed version of Alice in Wonderland--Up to the Cheshire Cat.
3. I bought a little flower pot today to grow a sunflower...A little kit from the dollar section at Target! LOVE IT!
4. Felicity stayed dry all day today! Yes, the whole day!
5. Collin finished a whole bottle tonight!
6. I got to talk to my brother Kevin yesterday.
7. I actually cleaned my living room floor of all the tiny things that Collin wants to stick in his mouth!
8. The flowers blooming on the awesome trees here in Lubbock. They are beautiful! Maybe a picture will come soon!
9. My sore throat is ALMOST all the way gone!
10. The kids are ALL HEALTHY!
and a Bonus! 11. Justin's hair is really soft and his hair is growing back quickly! (he shaved his head on Saturday for a fundraiser and it looks good!)

And the Misses
1. My car got a little scratch at Target or the mall today...
2. We had leftovers 2 different days this week. YUCK!
3. My kitchen is a huge disaster...
4. I didn't enjoy the AMAZING weather we had this week, and now it is gone again!
5. I hurt my shin at the gym yesterday, but hey I went.

And one more hit...I can't think of any other misses right now. I am sure there are some, but I can't think of them right now. That is good. See focusing on the Hits is a much better approach to life!

If you so feel...you are welcome to share your weekly hits and misses as comments...Even if you want to do it anonymously. So hopefully, I will be able to share some hits and misses with you all each week. Even if it is just for me, it is therapeutic nonetheless!

2 comments:

The Beers said...

What a great life-attitude we can all learn from :) I was given some similar advice by my mother-in-law when life felt impossible, and she suggested when I prayed to pray for thanks first - and specifically all the good things that have happened that day and then pray for strength and guidance to get through the bad! Some days the only good I could think of was (besides a wonderful husband and family and the comfort of a house that is no longer in need of major help) being thankful that even though I haven't been very good at taking care of myself and my body for the past year, I am thankful that it has stayed so healthy and gotten me through every day without any help from me! Your post is such a strengthening message for us and let me know if you need anything at all - even if it's just some adult conversation. And that's AWESOME news about your little girl! I think I'm breaking the unwritten blog rule of the comment exceeding the length of the post, so I'll sign off :) Thank you for your inspiring post!

APRIL EVANS said...

HI JAIDI.
I THINK IT IS GREAT THAT YOU DECIDED TO LOOK AT THE POSITIVE THINGS IN LIFE. LIFE CAN GET SO STRESSFUL ON ITS OWN, AND SOMETIMES THE LITTLE THINGS CAN JUST PUT YOU OVER THE EDGE. I LEARNED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO NOT TO SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF, AND YOU KNOW WHAT, MY LIFE HAS BEEN SO MUCH HAPPIER. I TRY TO MAKE IT A GOAL TO SMILE AND LAUGH EVERYDAY. IT SEEMS SO SIMPLE TO ME NOW, BUT I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS WHEN IT WASN'T. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE BACK IN UTAH. I WOULD LOVE TO GET TOGETHER AND SEE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. IT SUCKS THAT WE ARE SO FAR AWAY. I NEED TO GET YOUR PHONE NUMBER. LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE.APRIL

Jaidi's Photo Gallery