Monday, March 31, 2008

When is it okay to say No?

My mom was always the kind of person that would say yes to anyone that needed help. No matter how busy mom was, she always said yes to help people out. I think I got a little too much of that in my life. I have realized that there are times when I am all to willing to help people. Which yes is a good thing, but I have gone and committed myself to too much. ARGH! It is kind of frustrating and I am learning that I need to remember this when people ask me to do stuff. The small stuff isn't a big deal, it is the everyday, all day, repetitive stuff that causes the problems.

So, my new resolution is to be okay with saying no sometimes. And being okay, with not offering to help every time someone says that they need some help. I don't have to do it all. To start with, I think that I need to cut back on some of the things that I have already said yes too...I guess we will see what happens...Wish me luck!

By the way, Sorry for the bazillion posts lately, I guess I have lots to say! :) Or maybe I just don't have enough adult interaction in life and am talking to myself too much! I don't know anymore!

4 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

I have the exact same problem as you. I can't seem to say no and I am too accommodating. I also have a situation that I need to get out of, but I don't want to hurt any feelings, so I haven't said anything yet. I am such a push over.

Unknown said...

Hi Jaidi! I was looking at your cute girls and when I saw a close-up of Felicity at your dad's wedding I thought, "oh my gosh! Jaidi shrunk!" :) She looks just like you (well, minus 20+ years). I'm glad to hear you are doing well and are so excited for your upcoming addition to the family.

Micaela said...

I too am a victim to saying yes much too often... :( I've been trying not to offer help when I shouldn't (because I'm too busy or I know it would drive me nuts). That way, they might not ask for it... Is that bad? I think it is...

Anyways, you guys looked great at the wedding! And because I haven't talked to you in a long time, congrats on #3! Did I tell you we just had our 3rd 2 mths ago? Craziness!! :)

Pokeyann said...

Hi! From the person who never says no...Always, Always say no! ;), I can give advice that I'm too stupid to take, right?!, lol. It's a struggle, good luck.

Jaidi's Photo Gallery