So I went to Wal-Mart this morning. Justin needs a new watch band for his watch before his test tomorrow. It is one of those practical tests where he has to do a complete physical exam and take pulse by hand (since the machines aren't ALWAYS in the rooms to do it for you!) Anyway, his watch band has been broken for months and I finally got around to going to get him a new one. So I get the watch band then I go shopping for some other stuff. When I finish I take my under 20 items to the self check out lane and checked out. I paid for everything and then went out and put everything in the car. As I was getting Felicity into the car, I looked into the cart and saw Justin's watch band still sitting in the cart. I Totally forgot to pay for the watch band. The one thing that I actually needed to buy and I totally walked out of the store without paying for it. So I get Felicity back out of the car, get Brandon (the kid I babysit) out of the car and trek my way back into the store to pay for the watch band. I felt like an idiot when the guy at the door who gives stickers for returns came to me to give me a sticker for my return and I had to tell him I accidentally walked out without paying for it. I can't recall ever doing that before. But he was very nice and thanked me for my honesty. I told him that I don't think I could live with the guilt of not paying for it. But it sure was a pain to lug the 2 kids back inside...
So there is my oops for the week.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I did that a few months ago at Wal-Mart too. I forgot to pay for some Thank You cards because they were stuck under Maggie's carrier. But, they caught me as I was leaving the store and I felt horrible, thinking that they thought I was trying to steal them. I would have been like you and taken them in to pay for them anyway, even if I had gotten out of the store without them catching me because the guilt would have been too great.
Going places with kids is so much more difficult, so I usually wait until Kory's home so I can go by myself and leave her with him while I shop. :)
Wal-Mart is the devil incarnate.
Shopping at Wal-Mart is akin to eating meat on a Friday.
Provided, of course, that you are Catholic.
Okay, nevermind, but Wal-Mart is still bad.
mmm-kay?
Post a Comment