First of all--Don't read this if you haven't seen the movie and have any intentions of seeing it. I will be talking about the end of Million Dollar Baby and I would hate to ruin it for you.
So, i have been working on this project...no details, but regardless, i have been thinking a lot about my mom lately. It has been 18 months now, almost 19 since she passed away. Yesterday I was very somber, melancholy, whatever you want to use, but I couldn't figure out why. I couldn't even figure out what I was feeling. Anyway, last night, Justin and I watched Million Dollar Baby. I had no expectation as to what it wouold be like. I knew it was some boxing movie, where she wins lots, but I knew nothing else about it. Anyway, we watched it and near the end, She gets knocked out after the match is over and falls and hits her head on a stole and fractures her vertebrea. She ends up as a quadreplegic and stuck in a hospital bed or wheelchair. Near the end of themovie, she ends up with bed sores and eventually gangreen (sp) in one of her legs and they have to amputate it. Then she asks Franki to take do for her what her father had done for her dog (kill it when it was so sick) I broke down, completely. I balled and cried.
I guess I figured out what was bothering me. I miss my mom.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I miss mom, too. But that movie is like six years old. Clint Eastwood was brilliant in it.
Don't watch Steel Magnolias.
By the way, I have gobs and gobs of love for you, but your spelling sucks.
Love, Peace and Geese.
PS- We're doing pizza (mom's) on the 21st. You guys are invited. BYOB.
Post a Comment