Sunday, December 6, 2009

Catch up...Again

Wow, I can't believe how much I have slacked off on updating my blog! This is insane. I am so behind.

I don't really feel like catching up on everything, so I will just feel in some blanks...some of them!

Justin has now been on 3 interviews and has about 11 more, as of right now. We are really happy with where we are sitting right now with the interviews and have really enjoyed learning about the programs around the country. It will be interesting to see how they all compare in the end. We have been enjoying his time off this month immensely. While he has been gone for interviews, when he is home, he gets to be home and I can't tell you how much I love that! It has been a welcome change.

Jaicie has been...while she has been...there are many things!  She is a good kid and has super sensitive emotions. Sometimes it can be overwhleming, but for the most part she is a good kid. She is brilliant. She took the gifted and talented test yesterday and we will find out results in a few weeks, probably in January. She has gotten involved with the Destination Imagination group at her school and is doing a great job. She comes home from DI happier than any other day. You can really tell that she is enjoying it. She can be a back talker pretty bed, but I am sure that she is just taking after me. (I am sure my dad and brothers and sister agree!, in fact, they probably think I deserve it! :)  )

Felicity is very strong willed. She knows what she wants and does her best to get it. Luckily for her, (or maybe us) her parents can be pretty strong willed too...Liccy is catching on to things so quickly. She has started to figure out putting letters together to make words. She can now spell and write her name completely on her own. She enjoys school and most days, can't wait to get there.

Collin is my little guy that is growing far faster than he should be. He is now 18 months, we will take him in for his check up hopefully tomorrow. He has finally taken off walking and running and climbing and anything else he can do with his feet. He loves our Christmas tree, especially the bells on it. He started speech therapy 2 weeks ago. Right now, he has really taken a hold of signing. We now have him signing more, eat, drink, all done, mom, dad, please, thank you, milk and I think a few others. He has started to sign them on his own, without even being prompted, which is what his therpist wants him to do. He is also saying a couple things--num for yummy, mom and dad, and of course no! but he really doesn't say much. We are hoping that he starts talking soon. We took him in for a hearing test, which couldn't rule out minor to moderate hearing loss. We know that it isn't anything more than that. But we have to go back in in 6-8 weeks, so in January, to get it all re-checked. It is possible that he had a bit of a cold and that is why the negative pressure was there. He also didn't hear the low tones on the test. Hopefully in January we will find out that his hearing is perfectly fine. But we want to make sure that we find out now if he does have a problem so we can figure out what we need to do to help him, learn sign language, surgery, or whatever it is that is necessary.

As for me, I am doing really well. I got a promotion at work recently.  I am now one of the assistants at the Bodyworks Kids Club. As of now, I am really enjoying it. Justin told me this week that he was glad to see how happy I have been lately. I get to attend 2 more of Justin's interview trips with him. And we will be going on both sans children. It will be so wonderful!  :) I am looking forward to our trips, even though, it will mean sitting around waiting for him to finish interviewing, it means that I can see a couple of the cities that we may end up moving into!

I think that about covers the catch up. This week will be lots of fun! A trip for Justin and I and all sorts of fun stuff!

Hope all is well with all of you!

1 comment:

jenifer said...

jaidi... on potty training boys-i've NEVER used a baby seat! SIT HIM BACKWARDS!! it's the best. he will feel comfortable and when he pees it will stay in the toilet. if he's scared just sit by him and reassure him. And, i think it's 100% easier to train them younger.
if he's bringing you a diaper BEFORE he poops, i would totally give it a try. ps. my boys were NOT later, they were under two. and, they ALL pooped before they would pee on the potty.
just my two cents!!

Jaidi's Photo Gallery