Sunday, October 18, 2009

Shout Out

I just have to take a minute to send a serious shout out to my dear sweet husband (who probably won't even read this). Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 29 for the first time! I keep thinking of Grandma Thornock who has been 29 a few more times than I :) Anyway, back to my birthday-- First of all, I got to stay in bed later than usual, as he got up early to attend to the kids! When i finally dragged myself out of bed at 8:30 ( I know, how sad is it that 8:30 is sleeping in for me), I came into the kitchen to bacon, sausage and eggs and a belgian waffles cooking on our brand new belgian waffle maker. The old waffle maker that we had I got my freshman year of college before I moved away from home. Which makes it more than 11 years old. It cooked its last waffle a long time ago. We had been debating getting one for a while. And I got to wake up to belgian waffles without even asking for it!

I knew that Justin had things planned for me, but he wasn't telling me anything. turns out he planned a very nice romantic dinner for the two of us at home, without the kids. The girls went to a friends birthday party, and Collin conveniently went down for a much needed nap (he was sick all weekend). Justin and I enjoyed a candle lit dinner all cooked by Justin, including 5 courses! It was wonderful. We picked up the kids and came back home and spent a couple hours hanging out and then once the kids were all soundly tucked away in bed, we enjoyed watching Push.

I feel so utterly spoiled by Justin. He has always been a hopeless romantic. There has never been a time when I doubted his love for me. He is the perfect husband. I couldn't ask for a more perfect match for me. So, to Justin, my dear, I love you, and thank you for all you do for me!

No comments:

Jaidi's Photo Gallery