Bridgette and her family are from the Dallas area, Daniel and his are from the Denton area. Or at least that is where they live now. Bridgette is the sister of one of Justin's classmates and one of my best friends and our kids favorite babysitter. We met Bridgette one weekend when she came to visit Jessica and she has been our good friend ever since. We were able to meet Bridgette's now husband at Thanksgiving last year when they were all in town. Anyway, on to the weekend.
On Friday afternoon, about 4, we loaded into the car and headed out of town. The wedding was taking place in a small town called Bolivar which is North of Denton and East of Sanger. It was at a house out in the country and it was amazing! Here is the view from their back yard:
| From B&D Wedding pics |
| From B&D Wedding pics |
Amazing isn't it?!? Anyway, we drove the 5 1/2 hour trip in about 6 1/2 hours (kids and potty breaks and meal stops). We arrived to the Piatt's home at about 11:00pm. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay at the home of the Piatt's for the weekend. I cannot tell you enough how wonderful they were to us. We arrived at this magnificant house, which I forgot to get a picture of the front, but here is one of the back:
| From B&D Wedding pics |
It is an amazing house. I still can't get over it. It is set on about 5 acres I think. Overlooking a beautiful little lake and fields of Green. They have beautiful wild flowers surrounding the properties. I can't get over how beautiful the house was, but alas, I have so much more to share!
On Saturday, the girls had a rehearsal for the wedding on Sunday. Our girls were the little flower girls and they did such a great job. Anyway, we ended up hanging out with them and helping them get things ready for the wedding. We had a blast all day and got a lot done.
On Sunday we got up got things started that needed to be done. Felicity fell and bumped her head on the tile floor. And got a really bad bloody nose and a huge bump and bruise on her forehead. Luckily, Student Doc Justin was able to save the day (and the pictures). He used his vast knowledge of all things medical and put some Preparation H on Felicity's bump and stopped most of the bruising. It was a miracle...okay, not really, but it was a good save. Luckily Daniel is a brilliant editor and can fix all of the bruises in the pictures...I hope.
When all was said and done, the wedding was gorgeous, the girls did perfectly and Felicity fell asleep. It ended up that Jaicie had to walk out with the wedding party all by herself because Felicity was asleep on Justin's lap and no amount of shaking (softly of course) would wake her up. It was sweet and she was pooped!
| From B&D Wedding pics |
All in all, it went well and despite bumps and bruises along the way, Bridgette and Daniel were happily married in a beautiful ceremony and everything went off with little to no hitches. I am so glad that we were able to be a part of it.
So here are my Note to people:
Bridgette and Daniel: Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your wedding. We were all so grateful and so blessed to be a part of it. I wish you both the best in your lives together.
Tim and Linda Piatt: I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality this weekend. We were so fortunate to get to meet you and spend such a wonderful occasion with you. We appreciate your allowing us to stay with you. Medical School budgets are slim and you saved us a lot. So thank you! You have a gorgeous home and yard. You have a beautiful family and from what we saw of them, a very good bunch of boys. They were so kind to us and we appreciate them as well. Thank you all for your help with the kids and for loving them so much in such a short time. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.
Of course, there are others, but I should stop there, this post is too long already!
Here are the rest of the pictures from the wedding weekend!




1 comment:
the girls did a wonderful job! :-D I am SO glad that you were able (and willing!) to drive out there! we love you guys!
Post a Comment