Monday, May 18, 2009

Kindergarten Award Ceremony

Jaicie is almost done with her year of kindergarten. It is crazy to me that she has this week and1 day and 2 half days next week. This year has gone by so incredibly fast. Today the school had the Kindergarten awards ceremony. We came back late last night so that we could get Justin to work this morning and Jaicie to her awards ceremony.

Jaicie got the Achievement in Spelling award. I am so pleased with how well she has done this year. She has excelled at everything she has tried.



It hit me today that she is growing up to fast. Her teachers read a poem that talked about the kids being flowers in a garden. And while the kindergarten teachers are done with the flowers, they are passing them on to new gardeners to take over the feeding and nourishing. It was such a sweet poem and I want to find it. But it made me cry as I listened to it. I never thought it would be difficult for me to have her finishing kindergarten, but it really was difficult. I don't know if I am completely ready for 1st grade and everything that comes along with progressing through school. That means she really has to grow up!

From Jaicie's Kindergarten AWard Ceremony


To my dear sweet Jaicie, I love you and I am so pleased with you and Proud of you. You are growing up to be such a sweet little girl. Continue to love all you do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am SO proud of Jaicie!!! :-D she has excelled and advanced so much this year in school -- she's also looking so grownup in the pic of her sitting on the couch reading!

Jaidi's Photo Gallery