Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dandelions



I remember being a little girl and running in to my mom in the kitchen in our home in Chicago. I would carry in (what I thought) was a beautiful bouquet of beautiful yellow flowers. My mom would graciously take them, and put them in a cup in the window sill above the sink with some water. I don't recall ever noticing the beautiful bouquet being gone. MOm seemed to love the bouquets of Dandelions.

NOw I am the mom and my little girls think that the dandelions are beautiful sunflowers and constantly pick them out of our over weedy yard and bring them into us...I still haven't managed to put the bouquets in cups of water yet.

I never realized how much my mom loved me growing up. I never doubted it, but I never really realized it. I mean saving dandelions, weeds on the windowsill! I hope that one day my kids will have happy memories of me as their mom...

I love you mom and I miss you more and more everyday!

1 comment:

Carlee Hoopes said...

I definitely think we don't fully understand the love our parents have/had for us until we are parents ourselves. Even now when I'm up in the night with Maggie and fretting over everything she does and what she eats, I realize that my parents did the same with me. It's too bad we all don't realize it during our teenage years when we are can sometimes be moody and mean to our parents, huh?

Jaidi's Photo Gallery