Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Responsibilities

WOW! What a way to start the new year. This morning I got a call from the President of the State Medical Alliance. First of all, the medical alliance is an organization for spouses for physicians. There is a county/city level, state level and National Level. We are associated with the AMA and the TMA and so forth. Well, Patrick, the new president for the Texas Medical Association Alliance called me this morning. He asked me to serve on his board as the APT Chair. The APT chair is the basically, for lack of a better word, the chair for the Medical Student Spouse Alliance for the whole state. Right now I am serving as a Co-President for the school alliance. He said that my name came with high recommendations from all of the staff with the alliance, as well as the previous APT chair. I couldn't believe that everyone suggested me for the job. It will be a huge responsibility. I will be acting as a liaison for all of the Texas medical school alliances. I will get to attend free seminars. There is actually a trip to Chicago in June that I would get to for free, but with the baby coming, I can't make that. But there is a trip to DC, Austin, San Antonio, and possibly trips to other medical schools to help them get their alliance more involved at the state level. It is crazy! I can't say how flattered I am to be asked. It looks like I will be taking a trip to Austin the end of this month for a short (day long) retreat to get to know the other board members. WOW...That is all that I can say right now! WOW!

2 comments:

Aurelia said...

Wow!!!
That sounds very exciting!
Best wishes with the new responsibility.
I'm sure you'll be great.

Pokeyann said...

Congratulations! You'll be awesome!

Jaidi's Photo Gallery