Sunday, October 19, 2008

What a weekend!

So Friday was my birthday. And because of Collin's blessing this weekend and our nephew Jared's baptism next weekend, we had some family in town. Paul and Maureen (Justin's parents) came up from Vegas for the 2 events, arriving at the house about 4:30. Paul and Karry arrived about 6:30 and we decided to go to dinner. We were going to try to make it to Chili's but the wait was already an hour and they wouldn't put us on the list. So we called TGI Fridays and got put ont he list for 7:00. At 6:50 we prepared to leave the hotel where everyone was staying. We left Paul and Maureens room and walked over to Paul and Karry's room. As we are walking down the stairs and out of the courtyard, Abby, Paul and Karry's 5 year old daughter fell down the last 2 steps on the stairs. When landing she put her hands forward, unfortunately, she hit that one wrong spot on her hand and (very visibly and obviously) broke both bones in her arm and one of the was broken twice. So Paul and Karry and justin Loaded Abby in their car, and headed off to the hospital. In my car were Maureen and I and 4 kids. Felicity rode with Justin's dad. We arrived at the hospital and dropped off Maureen, picked up Felicity and the 5 kids and I headed back to my house where we had pizza and breadsticks care of the Little Ceasars Drive through Window. Thankfully our good friends Jessica and Ryan came over to help save me from insanity with 5 children ages 4 1/2 months to age 8 (on Tuesday). It was an adventurous evening to say the least, and one of course we do not ever want to repeat. Abby is doing remarkably well considering the fact that she broke her arm 2 days ago. Paul and Karry took their 3 kids and headed back to Alpine TX this afternoon. On Wednesday they have to return to have more x-rays done and have her arm casted. Right now it is in a splint while the swelling goes down. But yes, she is doing as well as can be expected given the circumstances. 
Saturday was much less eventful. Since we didn't get a chance to celebrate my birthday at all on Friday, we decided that I was going to have a second birthday Saturday. We jsut ignored the fact that Friday was really my birthday and went with it. We went and did soem shopping at the mall and enjoyed hotdogs and Custard at Sheridans. And at 2:00 I left Justin and the kids at home while I headed to the airport to pick up the last of our weekend guests. My dad and my Grandfather (visiting in Vegas from Hawaii) were able to come for a short visit for Collin's Blessing. As I waited at the airport, I became more aware of the fact that my mom was not coming. I always knew she wasn't coming, but it hit me really hard right before Dad and Grandpa arrived. I was crying when they came through the door. It was so wonderful to see them. Friday night we went and enjoyed a wodnerful dinner at Texas Roadhouse!  It was a blast. Justin even sat on the saddle for me when they came to say happy birthday. I was so glad that I was stuck back in the corner of the booth and couldn't possibly get out!  :)  
Sunday morning we all met at church and were blessed with an absolutely amazing blessing for Collin. Justin gave a remarkable blessing which was beautiful. After church we enjoyed some awesome Kalua Pork and Rice and Veggies and Fruit and Macaroni Salad. As they day started to draw to a close, we had to say good bye to friends and family and shed a few tears. I am so grateful to everyone who came. I will never forget the fact that my dad and grandpa came to spend the day with me. Unfortunately, it ended up being about 28 hours. But it was sure an amazing time with both of them. I had not seen Grandpa Pierce for 3 1/2 years and am not sure that I will ever see him again, and I am so grateful that he and my dad gave me the opportunity to see them while he was visiting Vegas!  So thanks dad!  

And to Paul and Karry...I am so sorry that Abby broke her arm up here this weekend. I know that it was not my fault but sorry nonetheless! At least you didn't have to life flight up here from Alpine!  

The weekend was wodnerful, and we did not get nearly enough pictures. But the ones that we did take can be seen at the following sites. 


4 comments:

Pokeyann said...

Wow, that is a busy weekend! Glad it went well all in all, well except for poor Abby of course :). And that you got to see your g-pa is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Jaidi, I absolutely adore your children! those are great pics!! and Collin was absolutely precious in his blessing suit on Sunday. I'm so glad that I've been able to watch your kids grow up over the past few years (and last few months! hehe). :) I'm also so thankful to have you as a friend!

Erin said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday a day late and a wonderful blessing for Collin. What a treat to have family there, especially your Grandpa! And with Abby's broken arm, it will be a weekend never to be forgotten in many people's minds!

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday Jaidi. I hope you had a good day!. The pics are so cute.

Jaidi's Photo Gallery