Saturday, September 6, 2008

My New Discovery

So with the recent completion of the Twilight Series I have discovered a new draw to more vampire books. I don't necessarily go out just to buy books. I go to the grocery store and pass their books section and it is like something jumps out and pulls me towards any book about vampires. I loved the Twilight Series. I thought it was a great story and enjoyed it start to finish. I read the first three books 5 times and I have read Breaking Dawn twice. I recently read the copy of Midnight Sun that Stephenie posted on her website. I am hoping that one day I will be able to put the hard bound copy of Midnight Sun on the shelf next to the rest of the Twilight Series. (Though I completely understand and support Stephenie in her decision regarding the continued writing).

I never liked vampires stuff. I saw Interview with a vampire once. Periodically I watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But I never really liked Vampires or anything about Vampires. Obviously Stephenie, Edward and the Cullens have changed that!

So i was walking through Walmart the other day and felt this draw to this book in the YA section. It is a book called Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz. I picked it up, read the back of it and decided to spend teh 8 bucks and pick it up. I was taking a trip to Austin the next day and knew that I needed a new book to read!

So on the airplane, Thursday morning, with Collin sleeping in the seat next to me, i began to read. An hour later when the plane touched down was the first time I took my eyes off the book. I was hooked. I had a busy couple of days and unfortunately did not have much time to read while in Austin. AS I sat down in my seat Friday evening to head back to Lubbock and found Collin again, sleeping in the seat next to me, I pulled my book out of the diaper bag and began reading, again! I finished it this morning. As soon as the girls went down for naps and Justin was available to keep Collin entertained, I ran to the grocery store for food and picked up the second book in the series Masquerade.I spent the afternoon reading, about 3-5 and then 7-9 and have just finished the book. Along with the first chapter of the next book. The suspense is killing me and I have to wait until October 28 for the next book, Revelations, to come out. And I find out on her website that she is in the process of writing the next Blue Blood series book. Another series to wait for! ARGH! But the books are very good. I found them to be very different from Twilight, but in some sense similar, in the fact that you love the vampires. It isn't some scary vampire novel, but it is good!

So if you are looking for a good book to read now that your vampire fix from Twilight is complete, pick up a copy of the Blue Bloods series. It is well worth the 8 bucks! They are paperback and a quick read. If you have read them already, or read them in the future, let me know what you think of them!

2 comments:

Pokeyann said...

Stop with the series...you're killing me. But I'll probably do it anyway, no matter how much I hate waiting, well, because I hate waiting and three books are waiting, waiting, waiting.

Michelle said...

I just finished a series about Angels by Sharon Shinn(thanks to the reccommendation from my Sister-in-Law, Melanie). There are 5 books in the Samaria Series and they were pretty good. Maybe you should come back over from the dark side of Vampires and read about Angels for a little while. The first book is called "Archangel."

Jaidi's Photo Gallery