Friday, June 13, 2008

Clayton Family Update!

Wow! What a week and half it has been! I am so happy to report that Collin is home. We brought him home at about 12:15 on Wednesday afternoon. He is an amazing baby. The NICU did a great job getting him on a good schedule! He wakes up 2 times a night, eats and goes right back to bed. He stays awake for about 2 1/2 hours at a time during the day and is just a great baby! The girls love having him home and being able to play with him. The first thing they both say every morning is that they want to see their baby Collin. Justin and I love having him home as well. It has been such a wonderful thing to sit together as a family with our little boy.

As for me, I am recovering well. I have been amazed at how well things have gone for me. The lifting restrictions are killing me. It is hard on Felicity most of all that I can't pick her up, but she is adjusting well. I have moved from the Lortab to Ibuprofen for the pain and I am hoping that it is just as effective. Thus far it has helped a ton, my hips are FINALLY Feeling better. I am finally able to sit up from laying down by myself and I can lay on my sides comfortably. Life is slowly getting back to normal. At least I don't feel like I have to sleep sitting up. :) My incision is healing nicely from what I can tell. It is still tender but not nearly as sore as it has been. As far as other pains go...I am surprised that my stomach is all that hurts. I expected more pains like I had with my normal deliveries. But thus far the pain has been centralized on my incision points and hips. It has been nice to be able to sit without the donut.

Well, I have added pictures to Collin's Slideshow which can be viewed on my last post. Feel free to view the pictures at our online album .

Thanks to everyone who has helped us out over the past week and a half and the upcoming weeks. We really appreciate it more than we can say! We hope you all enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

How cute! He looks so tiny! How much does he weigh now?

Pokeyann said...

He is so little! What an adorable family! The girls are getting to be so big now, it's hard to believe.

Jaidi's Photo Gallery