Sunday, May 25, 2008

Birthday Cake for Grandma!

So as you can see from my last blog, today was my mom's birthday. The girls like to celebrate birthdays. So they convinced me to find a recipe for a homemade cake and icing and make mo a birthday cake. They wouldn't accept that I didn't have a cake mix...so I searched Allrecipes and found a scratch cake recipe (The White cake variation) and then searched and found a recipe for icing (we did half butter, half shortening, and used regular brown Vanilla) and together the girls and I made a cake.

They stayed up past their bedtime in order to blow out the candles and enjoy a small piece of cake.

So with that, Happy Birthday Again Mom! We all love you, and it looks like we will be having a yearly birthday party in your honor! Here are the pics of the cake! As a side note, this was one of the best cakes I have ever eaten. I have never made a cake from scratch, and this one was amazing! You should definitely try it if you like cakes! It is a handy recipe that has multiple variations for different kinds of cakes!

4 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

What a great idea! That sounds like a fun tradition!

Nigel Flannery Livingston said...

-tear-

Pokeyann said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! The first time I made a scratch cake I was surprised at how easy it was, lol. The girls are getting so big, and more adorable.

ashley said...

you are so cute. birthday wishes are so important - i agree! the cake looks great and your girls look darling. hope you are surviving ok this week!

ashley nelson

Jaidi's Photo Gallery